Managing your money

Managing your money, especially on a low income, is not always easy. If you are struggling, it is important to get help and advice as soon as possible. The Citizens Advice Guide can give advice and you can get support from the local CAB offices.

There are other local organisations that can help – search for ‘debt advice'.

If you are on a low income and receive a pension you may be entitled to pension credit – follow the link below to find out more.

If you are over 65 and need someone to help look after you, such as a relative or carer, you may be eligible for non means tested Attendance Allowance.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you’re aged 16 to 64.


The information on organisations within the Your Circle directory does not amount to an endorsement by Gloucestershire County Council of their services. Any use is at your own risk. Please check the organisation's qualifications and inspection reports where applicable. See Disclaimer for details.