Planning ahead for your changing needs: Developing a Housing with Care Strategy for Gloucestershire
(Published on 17/05/2018)
In Gloucestershire, the county council and NHS clinical commissioning group are working together to create a housing with care strategy.
We want to reflect local views in the strategy, so we would like to find out what Gloucestershire residents think of the current housing with care options across the county, and would welcome ideas on how we can improve this for future generations. We are planning for the long-term, so whatever your age and circumstances, your input is valuable to us.
What is housing with care?
This is specifically designed housing with support available around the clock if people need it. This could range from flats in a large complex with 24-hour care staff on site to shared accommodation for people with a learning disability, with support to live independently.
What is the housing with care strategy?
The strategy will give guidance to planning authorities and developers on the need for this type of housing in Gloucestershire. It will also make sure that the plans for housing will help meet Gloucestershire’s health and social care requirements in future.
Our aim is that the housing available will meet local need and demand, and will help people to live as independently as possible for as long as possible.
Who can get involved?
You may be:
- A carer looking after a family member or friend who has a disability, and wondering what accommodation will be suitable for them in years to come
- Someone of any age wondering what accommodation will be available in the future if you need additional support
- Approaching retirement and thinking about your next steps
- A working age adult living with a disability or long term condition
- Living in a Housing Association or council property and unsure if it will meet your changing needs
What can you do to help?
Fill in our survey (either online or on paper - freepost) www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/housing-with-care
- Give us feedback on housing with care that is being provided to a family member or friend
- Tell us about any gaps in housing with care provision in your area
- Let us know how you feel about your own future housing options
- Promote the survey to your colleagues, family and friends
Whatever your circumstances, housing with care may be something you want to think about now or in the future.
Please contact us for a paper copy of the survey which we can also provide in large print, easy-read and in translation, if required – Telephone 01452 328975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post one to you.
The information on organisations within the Your Circle directory does not amount to an endorsement by Gloucestershire County Council of their services. Any use is at your own risk. Please check the organisation's qualifications and inspection reports where applicable. See Disclaimer for details.