Free training from Warm & Well - “Introduction to energy use in the home and Fuel Poverty Awareness”
(Published on 10/05/2019)
The 2 hour training is free for frontline staff, volunteers and councillors in Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire who interact with vulnerable clients. Local community members with an interest are also welcome to attend.
By the end of the course participants will;
- understand the main uses of energy in the home
- understand what is meant by fuel poverty, how it is measured, and its causes
- understand the effects of fuel poverty, how these can be minimised, and identify those at risk
- be able to signpost and refer householders to appropriate support
- learn how to assist clients/patients save energy and money while keeping warmer and healthier at home
The training is fully accredited by the CPD Certification Service and will count towards any CPD goals of staff/volunteers.
You can book onto one of the sessions by clinking through to the Eventbrite page for each date. Each session runs from 10.30 to 12.30 and will be held at Severn Wye Energy Agency office in Highnam.
23rd May https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPD23rdMay
18th June https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPD18thJune
23rd July https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPD23rdJuly
20th August https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPD20th-August
24th September https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPD24thSept
22nd October https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPD22ndOct
19th Nov https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPD19thNov
10th Dec https://tinyurl.com/W-WCPC10thDec
These sessions are in addition to any that we can arrange within your workplace. Please let me know if you would prefer this option; email@example.com
The information on organisations within the Your Circle directory does not amount to an endorsement by Gloucestershire County Council of their services. Any use is at your own risk. Please check the organisation's qualifications and inspection reports where applicable. See Disclaimer for details.